Will Canada close the border again due to Omicron? Since the inception of Covid 19, travellers/migrants are most affected. People seeking to reach Canada/USA for studies or work had to suffer a lot. When the restrictions were lifted there was some relief. However, the introduction of the Omicron variant in South Africa is becoming a concern again.
Recently on 2nd Dec Omicron variant is also found in Karnataka state in India. This time world has reacted swiftly to the variant and restrictions are being imposed by every country on travellers from Risky countries.
Contact us for Indirect route packages
On 26 November 2021, WHO indicated the variant B.1.1.529 a variant of concern, named Omicron, on the recommendation of WHO’s Technical Advisory Group on Virus Evolution (TAG-VE). This judgment was based on the testimony given to the TAG-VE that Omicron has various modifications that may produce an influence on how it functions, for example, on how efficiently it spreads or the austerity of disease it causes.
Will Canada close the border again due to Omicron?
Canada is quite serious about the safety of its people. In the past, Canada was not shy of taking strict decisions on bans. This time it can again be happing. The great scientists and WHO officials have already said that the virus variant is an “issue of Concern”.
Can an Indirect route be used if Canada will close the border again due to Omicron?
In Past, indirect routes to Canada proved to be the saviours for students. However, the situation at the time was quite different. At that time Delta virus was introduced in India. If we agree on what scientists are saying then this virus will not take time to reach other nations.
To be precise about the question, yes indirect routes may be the option of Canada will again ban India, however this time the ban will not only be on India but also on many other affected nations. The options of indirect routes will be less and more expensive than before.
Also, read – Which Is The Safest Indirect Route To Canada?
Indirect routes from India to Canada
- India to Canada Via Cairo
- India to Canada Via Maldives
- India to Canada Via Qatar
- India to Canada Via Albania
- India to Canada Via Mexico
- India to Canada via Serbia
- India to Canada Via Dubai
- India to Canada Via Sri Lanka
- If you are looking to travel then you should fly in the next few days until the new rules get imposed
- If you are booking an indirect route, don’t keep a gap between booking and travelling. Otherwise, it may ruin your planning
- Keep minimum countries in the itinerary
- Keep yourself updated about the rules and restrictions
- Always get in touch with an expert. Contact us