Bali is one of the most loved Holiday destinations for Indians. In 2019, almost 70% of Honeymooners who travelled abroad visited Bali. In 2020, Bali closed its doors to international tourists due to covid which continued till March 2022. However, it is now open for Indian tourists along with other nationalities. People were waiting for this resumption and had already started booking the holiday packages for Bali. People are still not fully aware of the rules for Indians to visit Bali in 2022 after covid 19.
Also, read – Things to consider before booking Bali Holidays
In this article, we are going to discuss the latest rules and requirements for Indians to travel to Bali after Covid 19 Outbreak.
Check Bali Itineraries
Rules for Indians to visit Bali in 2022?
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS FOR INDIANS TO ENTER BALI
May be subject to change due to the dynamic nature of the Government regulations.
- All Indian tourists are required to hold a mandatory negative PCR test for COVID-19 conducted 48 hours prior to the scheduled arrival time in Bali
- As per the latest update, the traveller’s body temperature will be checked at the airport. If the temperature is 99.5 c or More then, the RTPCR test will be conducted at the travellers’ expense.
- If the person is fully vaccinated, he/she can continue with the trip without any hassle.
- If the person is not fully vaccinated, then the RTPCR test will be conducted with quarantine for 4 nights. Once the 4 nights will be over, the traveller can continue with the plan.
- Traveller below 18 years is not required to show the vaccination certificate
VISA REQUIREMENT FOR INDIANS TO VISIT BALI
- Visa on arrival is granted for Indian passport holders at IDR 500.000 per person (Approx. 35 USD) – (no matter if adult or child)
- Vaccination is Mandatory for Adults – Min. 2 x vaccinated with WHO authorized vaccinations, and the 2nd vaccination must have been given at least 02 weeks prior to departure
- International travellers till 18 yrs does not require to show COVID-19 Vaccination proofs (neither physical nor digital copy).
- Travel insurance is Mandatory and should cover USD 25,000 insurance coverage.
VOA- Visa on Arrival Terms Conditions for Indians in Bali
• Passport validity min. 6 months.
• RETURN air flight ticket (or one way + outward journey from Bali)
• Min. 2 x vaccinated with WHO authorized vaccinations, and the 2nd vaccination must have been given at least 2 weeks prior to departure
(except for 1 x COVID-19 vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson, Sputnik V or Convidecia, other conditions may be applied).
• VoA-Visa on Arrival entitles a single Entry into Bali/Indonesia, stay up to 30 days and can be extended a maximum of 1 time at Immigration Office (charge may be applied).
• Payment can be done by: Visa Card Master Card Debit Card Cash in IDR or foreign currency Foreign Currencies USD, EURO, GBP, SGD and others as per set exchange rate
IF THE PCR SWAB TEST RESULT IS POSITIVE
If the PCR Swab test result is positive, and if there are no or only very minor symptoms it is required to undergo 5 days of isolation at dedicated isolation hotels which currently are the following properties: Desa Pramana Swan or Hotel Max One Ubud (subject to change) – covered by insurance or on own expenses. Elderly people and persons with health issues will be admitted to a hospital. The decision is done after a physical examination by medical staff/doctor (by insurance or on own expenses). On day 5 if the guest is testing negative, they can continue their travel plans on day 6.
DEPARTURE PROCEDURE FROM BALI,
- Airlines/Authorities require a negative PCR Swab Test upon check-in at DPS Airport.
- PCR Swab Test for departure is always conducted in the morning and the result will be received by WA or email in the evening on the same day, so it has to be done min. 1 day prior to departure (1 – 2 days before departure).
Also, read – Things to do in Bali
Yes, It is required for Indians to get tested within 48 hours of travel to Bali. One should have a negative PCR report to visit Bali.
Yes, it is required to get tested while returning from Bali to India. Airlines/Authorities require a negative PCR Swab Test upon check-in at DPS Airport.
PCR Swab Test for departure is always conducted in the morning and the result will be received by WA or email in the evening on the same day, so it has to be done min. 1 day prior to departure (1 – 2 days before departure).
Pre covid, the Arrival visa of Bali for Indians was totally free. However post-pandemic there will be an additional cost of UAS35 to enter Bali for all Indian travellers.
Yes, Bali is safe to travel to after covid. Bali administration has played an impeccable role in keeping the casualties low during a pandemic. Also, they have used the time to enhance their medical infrastructure.
No, if your on-arrival test is negative, then it is not required to get Quarantined in Bali.
Yes, water sports activity has resumed from March 2022 in Bali.
As per the latest update on 6th April, it is not required to get tested at Bali airport if the person is fully vaccinated. The random temperature testing will be done at the airport. If the body temperature of the person is more than 99.5 C, then he or she will have to get tested.
The PeduliLindungi app is required to be installed to enter Bali, Indonesia. The link to the app for Android users is – https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.telkom.tracencare & for IOS users is https://apps.apple.com/id/app/pedulilindungi/id1504600374.