Bali is one of the most popular destinations among Indians. This destination gives a complete package of Temples, romantic beaches water sports activities, Mountains, Volcanos and whatnot. In 2019, a record number of Indian tourists travelled to Bali. However, after the introduction of covid 19 pandemic, the beautiful destination closed its doors to international travellers. In March 2022, Bali is now open to foreign travellers obviously with few terms and conditions. In this article, we will discuss the factors to choose the best flight from India post-pandemic.
There is no direct flight from India to Bali. Before the pandemic, Garuda airlines used to operate from Delhi/Mumbai to Bali, however, the frequency of this direct flight was very less. In 2019, there were only 28 days when these direct flights operated. 99% of flights that operate from India to Bali are with a layover.
The normal flight duration from India to Bali is around 10-12 hours including the layover time.
No, As of today there are no Indian aircraft that operate for Bali.
Possibly, Singapore airlines is the most comfortable airline between India and Bali
The size of the cabin baggage suitcase should be 22″ x 14″ x 9″. One should still refer to the latest update from airlines regarding the sizes.
How to choose the best flight from India to Bali?
Pre-Pandemic flight Options from India to Bali
To understand the air space between India and Bali, it is very important to peep into recent history. If we talk about 2019, these airlines were reading the airspace between the 2 countries-
- Air Asia Airlines (Malaysian Origin Airlines)
- Malaysian Airlines (Malaysian Origin Airlines)
- Malindo Airlines (Malaysian Origin Airlines)
- Singapore Airlines (Singapore Origin Airlines)
- Scoot Airlines (Sinagpore Origin Airlines)
- Thai Airways( Thailand origin Airlines)
Also, there were few airlines that used to operate on few dates in a calendar year, doe example –
- Vietjet Airlines (Vietnamese Airlines)
- Garuda Airlines (Indonesian origin Airlines)
Yes, it was hard to digest, that even after huge demand, no Indian airlines are operating in Bali, Indonesia as of now.
Post-Pandemic flight Options from India to Bali
However, it will be too early to comment on the options of flights to Bali, still, we would be giving you an overview of the current situation. This article is being written on 10th April 2022 and there as of now below airlines have started operating –
- Air Asia
- Malaysian Airlines
- Singapore Airlines
- Scoot Airlines
From Which cities in India, one can get Good flights options to Bali
We will mention this in the ascending order of cost based on the cities in India. For example, the first city mentioned might give you the cheapest option from India to Bali and the last city mentioned might give you the most expensive option. Please be noted. this information is totally based on past years’ experience which might or might not provide the right for the current situation.
- Chennai – (Mostly Air Asia and sometimes scoot Operates)
- Trichy – (Mostly Air Asia Operates)
- Vishakhapatnam – (Mostly Air Asia Operates)
- Amritsar- (Both Air Asia and scoot Operates)
- Cochin — (Mostly Air Asia and sometimes scoot Operates)
- Jaipur – (Mostly Air Asia and sometimes scoot Operates)
- Hyderabad – – (Mostly Air Asia and scoot, and Malaysian Airlines Operates)
- Bangalore – – (Mostly Air Asia, Malaysian Airlines and Thai airlines operate)
- Ahmadabad- (Mostly Air Asia)
- Delhi- – (Air Asia, Malaysian Airlines, Thai Airways, Singapore Airlines, Vietjet and sometimes scoot Operates)
- Mumbai- (Malaysian Airlines, Thai Airways, Singapore Airlines, Vietjet and sometimes scoot Operates)
- Lucknow – Mostly Thai Airways operates from here
Categorisation of Airlines that operates from India to Bali on the bases of Class
There are basically 2 types of airlines that operate from India to Bali. One is LCC airlines which stands for Low-cost carriers and the other one is GDS carriers. Low-cost airlines operate to give you the best possible fare with the flexibility to choose the services if required or not. For example, in most low-cost carriers, the customer is bestowed to choose if he/she wants to include check-in baggage in the fare or not. One can also choose if the meals are required while travelling or not.
GDS airlines, usually never give you this flexibility and always include the baggage and meal charges in the fare. The exception to this rule is Malindo airlines, which is a GDS class airline however does not always include meals and check-in baggage in the fare.
LCC airlines that operate from India to Bali
|LCC airlines that operate from India to Bali||GDS airlines that operate from India to Bali|
|Air Asia||Malindo Airlines|
Baggage policy that should be considered before booking a flight from India to Bali
As we have already discussed above, there are a few airlines that do not include baggage in the fare they are charging. They give the option to include baggage separately after or with the booking. Please read these important points that might prove to be helpful before making your decision of booking a flight –
- One should always check the Checkin baggage inclusion before making a booking
- 7 kg cabin baggage will always be included in the flight from India to Bali and return
- Airlines, that do not include check-in baggage in the fare, give you the option to buy the baggage that starts from 5kg – 40 kg per person. One can buy baggage either for 1 passenger or for all.
- While travelling from India to Bali, if you think you need more baggage it is always recommended to buy it before the travel date, at the airport they might ask for a huge amount per kg for that baggage
- Cabin baggage size must not exceed the size allowed in the cabin otherwise that will be treated as check-in baggage and you will have to pay as per KG cost.
- The 20kg check-in baggage cost per person is usually 100 USD(Might be more, depending on the airlines), one can buy the 5 T-shirts in Bali for 20 USD. The decision of buying the baggage totally depends on the individual and spending capacity. One can take the call accordingly.
Meals on the Flight from India to Bali
As already discussed above, there are few airlines that do not provide meals in the flight cost. Before booking a flight one should always check the same. Please refer to the below important points to understand better meal options on the flights from India to Bali –
- In case the meals are included in the flight cost, always check the options and choose your preferences. If the package booking is done by travel companies like Lestacworld.com, notify them to choose your preference of meals.
- On most airlines getting a vegetarian meal could be a flight, it is always better to choose your preferences before.
- If the meal is included in your flight, you can buy it before 48 hours of the travel date.
- One can also carry solid food in the cabin baggage. There should be no curry in your meal which you have brought from outside. It is always recommended to carry sandwiches, biscuits or theplas.
- On the way to your destination, if you would want to buy the meals on aircraft there are many chances that you will be denied. Aircrafts these days carry very less food stock while flying.
- There is also a possibility that the cost of the meal is too high at the last moment.