USA to INDIA travels requirements during Covid – Due to Covid almost every country has implemented covid restrictions. Especially at this point in time, it is very important to check all the latest advisory before you travel. We all know that the USA has implemented a presidential proclamation as per which a traveller with a travel history of India in the last 14 days cannot enter the USA. But there is very little talk about entry requirements in India from the USA. Let us discuss it :).
USA to INDIA travels requirements during Covid
Travellers who can enter India from the USA?
Only the below-mentioned category of people can enter India during restrictions –
- nationals of India;
- residents of India;
- nationals of Nepal and Bhutan;
- passengers with an Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) card or booklet;
- passengers with a Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) card;
- passengers with a diplomatic passport and an NOC (No Objection Certificate) issued by the Ministry of External Affairs;
- passengers with a visa (excluding medical visas issued on or before 21 October 2020, and tourist visas(Type T)) issued by India;
- passengers with an E-visa (excluding E-Tourist visas) issued by India;
- passengers returning from Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Maldives or Nepal via India to their country of residence.
Points to consider while travelling from USA to India during Covid
- Passengers must complete the self-declaration form at www.newdelhiairport.in before departure.
- Passengers must have a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR test taken at most 72 hours before departure from the first embarkation point. The test must be uploaded at www.newdelhiairport.in .
- Passengers arriving from Afghanistan, Bahrain, France, Germany, Iraq, Kuwait, Netherlands, Oman, Qatar, Russian Fed., Ukraine or the United Arab Emirates are subject to a Coronavirus (COVID-19) molecular test upon arrival at their own expense.
- Passengers arriving from Brazil, South Africa or the United Kingdom are subject to a Coronavirus (COVID-19) molecular test upon arrival and another test on day 7 at their own expense.
- Passengers are subject to medical screening
- Passengers could be subject to quarantine for up to 14 days. Details can be found at https://www.mohfw.gov.in/pdf/Guidelinesforinternationalarrivals17022021.pdf .
Conclusion – Basically if one wants to enter India from USA, he/she should come under one of these categories, have an RTPCR test report which should be generated within 72 hours of travel and that RTPCR test report should be uploaded on Air Suvidha health declaration form.
Also read – Qatar Fifa World Cup 2022 Package From India