If you are looking for a Komodo island tour from India, then you have visited the right page. In this article we are going to discuss on how travellers from India can organise a trip to Komodo. It is a small island in Indonesia which lands just around the Labuan Bajo city. We are writing this article because we believe that normal Indian tourist wants to explore the unexplored, however even if they have the money spending power, because of lack of knowledge they miss the real beauty. It is the time when the youth should break touring the popular destinations and instead look for the real ones. In our survey with Indian tourists, we observed that on being told about Komodo island, people were really excited about it.
Geography of Komodo Islands
In this article, we will briefly explain how people can visit Komodo Island from India. So first of all we need to understand the geography of Komodo Islands –
- The Komodo Islands are a group of islands in Indonesia, located in the westernmost end of the Lesser Sunda Islands, between the islands of Sumbawa and Flores.
- The islands are part of the Komodo National Park and are known for their unique fauna, including the Komodo dragon, the largest species of lizard in the world.
- The islands have a tropical climate and are surrounded by clear, warm waters, making them a popular destination for diving and snorkeling.
- The islands are located in the southeastern part of the Indonesian archipelago, near the border of the Pacific and Indian Oceans.
- They are located about halfway between the island of Bali and Australia, with the nearest major city being Ende, located on the island of Flores.
- The exact coordinates of the Komodo Islands are 8°22′S 119°30′E.
- The distance between Jakarta, the capital city of Indonesia, and the Komodo Islands is approximately 2,045 km (1270 miles)
- The distance between Bali, Indonesia and the Komodo Islands is approximately 648 km (403 miles) by air.
How can i do Komodo Island tour from India ?
If you want to do Komodo Island tour from India, then you will have to combine it with either Bali or Jakarta. Usually there are no direct flights to any of the city of Indonesia from India. Whenever any one visits Bali from India, they have stopover in Malaysia, Vietnam, Thailand or Singapore.
Visit Komodo Island Via Bali
Bali is a beautiful popular destination of Indonesia, Usually millions of travellers yearly visit Bali for tourism. After arriving Bali, one can explore the amazing temples and beaches for few days. To visit Komodo Island from Bali, one will have to fly from Bali (DPS) to Labuan Bajo (LBJ). Bali is 648 km for Komodo Island, however there is no option to drive between the two places. After flying t to Labuan Bajo, one needs 2 nights to do all sightseeing including Komodo Island. It will be a 1 day trip from Labuan Bajo of Komodo Island national park where one can see live Komodo Dragons.
After 2 nights one can take a domestic flight back to Bali or to the next planned destination. One should keep in Mind that flights to India that appropriate flights to India from Indonesia usually comes from Bali or Jakarta airport.
Some of the itinerary you can follow to do Komodo Island tour via Bali from India
|Bali and Komodo tour Itineraries
|Link of the Itineraries
|8 days Bali and Komodo island Tour Package
|9 days Bali and Komodo island Tour Package
|Komodo island Tour Package
Frequently asked questions
One should stay in Labuan Bajo to do Komodo Island 1 day tour
One will have to fly from Bali to Labuan Bajo (LBJ) which is a 1 hour flight. From Labuan Bajo you can do 1 day tour of Komodo Island . The flight options from Bali to Labuan Bajo are –
In the recent past authorities were planning to raise the entry ticket of Komodo national park to 230 USD, however later it was not implemented. As of Feb 2023 the approximate ticket cost of Komodo national park is 40 USD.
Yes, you can plan Komodo Island with Bali tour as mentioned in the article.
Lestacworld.com is a company based in India, Indonesia and USA. They have originated from India and is having very good hold on Indonesian tour packages. Please contact lestacworld.com for Komodo island tour packages from India.