Things to consider to travel to USA via Dubai. After the resumption of UAE borders for Indians in the last week of September people who wants to travel to USA or Canada have found ease. These people were taking odd routes to enter USA/Canada with which they were not familiar. Dubai is more familiar for Indians be it food, weather or language.
In these unprecedented times, it is very important for travellers to know all the important aspects while travelling from India to USA via Dubai
Things to consider to travel to USA via Dubai
- As of now, Dubai is providing an arrival Visa for 14 nights for Indians who have valid USA visas on their passports. The Passport and Visa both should be valid for the next 6 months from the date of arrival.
- If one is seeking Visa for more than 14 days visa on arrival, then an extension can be availed at Dubai airport only by paying the fees.
- One should expect ques while getting an arrival visa and for extension also
- One can also avail pre-departure visa for which scanned passport copies and white background photos are required.
- Even vaccinated or not, one can enter Dubai
- A valid negative COVID‑19 PCR test certificate with a QR code issued within 48 hours prior to departure from an approved health facility
- A rapid PCR test report with a QR code for a test conducted at the departure airport within six hours of departure
- If one is flying from India to Dubai with a stopover, one should keep in mind the rapid PCR test report with a QR code for a test conducted at the departure airport within six hours of departure. One should have enough time for the test to be conducted and a printed report to be collected.
- One must reach atleast airport 6 hours before departure to Dubai.
- Web check-in though not mandatory can get you preferred seats. However, sometimes even for international flights, seat selection is chargeable.
- While facing imigration one should never try to manipulate things, just say about yout travel, tell them truth why you are staying in Dubai for 15 nights and show them all original valid documents.
- Keep the RTPCR test reports printed copy with you, otherwise you will have to pay high at the airport for printout
- Once you land at Dubai airport one will have to get tested at the terminal. As it will be a facility from the Dubai government and the test is free of cost, one should expect ques.
- If you take a test at the airport, you must remain in your hotel until you receive the test result.
- If the test result is positive, you will be required to undergo isolation and follow the Dubai Health Authority guidelines.
- You must also download the COVID19 – DXB Smart AppiOS‑Android
- Insurance should adopted as one would be travelling for 15 nights, he/she should always be covered with insurance
- Once you will come out of the airport, you will have to find the Placard of your name for your prepaid taxi to the hotel.
- At the hotel, you will be asked for the hotel voucher and passport copies.
- The meals if prearranged will be served to you, as one would be staying in the hotel for more than 14 nights, one should get in touch with the hotel staff and make them understand your preferences. However, pushing them to change their policies won’t work but they will put all their efforts to comfort you 🙂
- Whatsapp calling wont work in Dubai, so messages will be the medium of communication.It is always suggested to get local sim card if calling is the priority.
- It will be Hot in Dubai so make your clothing choices accordingly.
- Though AED is the currency of Dubai, however USD is also easily exchangeable there.
- For Dubai and all places within United Arab Emirates the associated plug type isG, which is the plug that has three rectangular pins in a triangular pattern. Dubai operates on a 230V supply voltage and 50Hz.One may need to get universal charger
- If one wants to do siteseeing in Dubai, they can always contact our team so that can be arranged.
- Before your departure to USA you are required to get a viral test no more than 3 days before you travel by air into the United States (US) and show your negative result to the airline before you board your flight.
- For the test either our team will arrange it at Hotel or they will pick you up and get the test done and drop you back.
- For return airport pickup you will be given the time, you should be ready at the hotel reception for the pickup. There might be a possibility that the driver comes few minutes late due to traffic but there is absolutely no reason to panic. One should just ping the concerned person and the proper communication will be made.
- Dubai airport is quite big, however, it will not be a problem for you to reach out to your respective gates. Dubai has the most powerful signboard display at its airport. You will be easily navigated to your final gate.
Also, read – India to USA via Dubai