Adit sarin, Feb. 7
As the Beijing Winter Olympics and Winter Paralympics captivate global attention, Northeast China’s Jilin Province emerges as a top winter destination, attracting tourists with its unique blend of ice and snow resources and folk culture charm.
- Cultural Sensations: The integration of iconic symbols like the giant panda and the red lantern into the mascots Bing Dwen Dwen and Shuey Rhon Rhon has created a cultural sensation worldwide. This cultural fusion extends to Jilin Province, where traditional elements are seamlessly incorporated into winter sports and tourism activities.
- Growing Recognition: Jilin Province has gained recognition for its China-chic style, evident in viral videos showcasing skiers in traditional costumes at the Vanke Songhua Lake Resort. Organizers emphasize the promotion of traditional culture and winter sports through this unique blend, fostering curiosity and confidence among the youth.
- Tourism Boom: The efforts to promote cultural integration have led to a significant increase in domestic tourist arrivals and tourism revenue in Jilin Province. As the Spring Festival approaches, streak orders in the province have surged by 560% year-on-year, indicating a growing interest in its cultural and recreational offerings.
- Innovative Initiatives: Jilin Province is promoting the integration of various ice and snow activities with cultural and creative industries. Initiatives include virtual characters narrating stories from Changbai Mountain and the collaboration with transportation departments to offer cultural and tourism tram experiences in Changchun.
- Winter Sports Industry: The success of the Beijing Winter Olympics has also boosted China’s winter sports equipment manufacturing industry. Companies like Changchun Bainingdun Sports Equipment Co., Ltd., have experienced a 20% increase in sales, driven by growing enthusiasm for winter sports and China-chic winter sports clothing and gear.
As Jilin Province continues to showcase its cultural confidence and innovation, it solidifies its position as a premier winter destination, offering tourists a captivating blend of tradition and modernity amidst breathtaking ice and snow landscapes.