A Canadian tourist sparked chaos on a Thai Airways flight departing from Chiang Mai International Airport when he attempted to open the plane door mid-flight. The tourist, Wong Sai Heung, allegedly suffered a panic attack and demanded the crew open the door while the Airbus A320 was preparing to depart. His actions caused panic among passengers and forced the flight to delay, disrupting other arriving and departing flights. Heung was apprehended by police and detained for questioning.
- Incident Details: Wong Sai Heung, a Canadian tourist, caused chaos on a Thai Airways flight departing from Chiang Mai International Airport by attempting to open the plane door mid-flight.
- Panic Attack: Heung reportedly suffered a panic attack and demanded the crew open the plane door, causing panic among passengers.
- Flight Disruption: The incident led to the delay of the Thai Airways flight and disrupted other arriving and departing flights at Chiang Mai International Airport.
- Apprehension: Heung was apprehended by police and detained for questioning at the Phu Ping Ratchaniwet district police station.
- Legal Charges: Heung faces charges for endangering the safety of the plane and failing to comply with crew instructions, as per Thai aviation laws.
- Flight Resumption: The Thai Airways flight resumed its journey with all passengers, pilots, and flight attendants safely onboard after necessary inspections and repairs were conducted.
Timeline of Events:
|Wong Sai Heung attempts to open the plane door mid-flight.
|Panic ensues among passengers as flight attendants intervene.
|Thai Airways flight TG121 experiences delays due to the incident.
|Police officers apprehend Heung and detain him for questioning.
|12:34 AM (Next Day)
|Thai Airways flight TG121 resumes its journey after necessary inspections and repairs.
This incident serves as a reminder of the importance of adhering to safety protocols during air travel and the potential consequences of disruptive behavior onboard an aircraft.