Be it Dubai, Abu Dhabi or any other Emirates travellers from around the world love to visit UAE states. The UAE National Advance Information Center (NAIC) says that people with only one name on their passports will not be allowed to enter the UAE after November 22, 2022. This rule does not apply to customers transiting via the UAE.Below are the type of Single names on passport accepted by UAE to get Visa.
Also, read– Apply Dubai Visa Online
Type of Single names on passport accepted by UAE to get Visa
Refer to the table below for an example of an acceptable name field on travel documents:
|No.||Given Name Field||Surname Field||Acceptance Status|
|6||Mohammed||Last Name Unavailable (LNU)||Not Acceptable|
|7||First Name Unavailable (FNU)||Mohammed||Not Acceptable|
Customers having single name on the passport with additional name fields as mentioned below can be accepted.
- Passengers holding a travel document with single name (one word) on the data page and additional name fields mentioned on any other page of the passport are accepted.
- Passengers holding a travel document with single name (one word) however holding a country National ID Card with additional name fields mentioned are accepted.
- Passengers holding a travel document with additional name fields mentioned as “Observations/Annotations” are accepted.
As the regulation does not impact flight operations and is focused on the customer’s name on their travel document, rebooking and reroute options are not permitted.
Customers holding single name on their passport and who issued their tickets on/before 22nd November 2022 are permitted to refund their tickets. Please process your refund via GDS, with a remark in the waiver field ‘ RFND SNGL NAME’.
This rule does not apply to the following:
- Residents of the United Arab Emirates (holding a valid residence visa).
- Passengers with an employment visa issued by the United Arab Emirates.
- Passengers with a valid United Arab Emirates I.D Card.