India to Canada Via Muscat. – Oman, after putting Ban on few nationalities has now removed it on 24th August. Many people from India travelled to their final destination using Muscat as the indirect route. People in India who desperately wants to reach out to their final destination are not leaving any opportunity for cheap and feasible routes.
However the announcement from Oman officials is made on 24th Sept, but it will be implemented from 1st September
Its important to understand Canada’s Ban before working on any route !
For years, nonstop flights within India and Canada is not operating due to the growth of the delta variant in India. Initially, people stuck in India assumed that this refusal will be cleared by time. Although, it did not occur and it’s been approximately 6 months since the ban is there.
The ban is actually on RTPCR test reports generated in India but not on Indian citizens/nationalities. Anyone who wants to travel from India will have to get the RTPCR negative reports generated in a 3rd nation to be suitable to travel to Canada.
India to Canada Via Muscat, Oman
Are people travelling from India, allowed to enter Muscat to travel to Canada ahead ?
On, 24th August 2021, there are changes in the guidelines of Oman, for the people to enter the country. Let us find out if people from India can enter Oman, Muscut to travel to Canada or not?
Oman Airports COVID-19 Travel Guidance
- In an attempt to limit the spread of new coronavirus strains in Oman and based on the judgments declared by the Supreme Committee for handling COVID-19, the Civil Aviation Authority approved the following limitations regarding the condition of entering the Sultanate into Oman Airports:
- The list of nations from which arrivals are banned from entering the region of the Sultanate has been discontinued.
- Omani citizens, residents with valid residency permits, and travellers with valid visas are allowed to enter the Sultanate without prior approval.
- All passengers coming to the Sultanate are expected to present a medical certificate with a QR Code of taking two doses or the first dose of COVID-19 regionally recognised vaccines. The second dose is to be taken 14 days before the scheduled time for arriving at the Sultanate ( MOH shall post and update the list of locally approved vaccines ).
- All travellers (Omani citizens & Foreign) coming to the Sultanate on long international flights (with a period of no less than 8 hours) with a pre-travel negative PCR test (within 96 hours) are exempt from quarantine as well as travellers on shorter flights with a negative COVID-19 PCR test.
- All travelers coming to the Sultanate on long international flights (with a period of no less than 8 hours) with a pre-travel negative PCR test (within 96 hours) are exempt from quarantine as well as travelers on shorter flights with a negative COVID-19 PCR test (within 72 hours).
- All travelers coming to the Sultanate without a pre-travel PCR test are required to: Take a PCR test upon their arrival at the airport:
1- Wear a Tarrasud+ bracelet and adhere to quarantine until a negative PCR test result is detected.
2- If the result is positive, 10 days quarantine is required.
- All travelers coming to the Sultanate (including diplomats) before their arrival are required to :
1- Pre-registration via (Tarassud+) Platform and upload the vaccine certificate as well as the COVID-19 PCR certificate, both c containing QR Codes.
2- If the passenger prefers to conduct the COVID-19 PCR test upon arrival, the passenger shall pay the prescribed fees when registering via the (Tarassud+) platform.
- Travelers below 18 and passengers with medically confirmed health conditions that prevents them from taking the vaccination are exempt from presenting COVID-19 vaccine certificate and PCR test certificate.
- This decision will be effective in the Sultanate from 12:00 noon on Wednesday, 1st of September 2021, except that Omani citizens and their families who departed the Sultanate before the issuance of this circular are exempted from the vaccine requirement for a maximum of two ( 2 ) months from the issuance of this circular.
Things to consider when flying from Oman to Canada ?
- Check the latest COVID-19 travel and testing requirements for your destination.
- Consider online check-in, where possible, prior to arrival at the airport to avoid face-to-face contact at the airport
- Travelers need to be at the airport at least 3 hours before the official time of departure or 4 hours at most.
- Never travel if you display coronavirus symptoms.
- If required, PCR tests can be done at the Airport Drive-through and Walk-in facilities, located in P5 car park in Muscat and at Lifeline Hospital Salalah.
- The cost of the drive-thru PCR test is 19 OMR, you can register for it through https://covid19.emushrif.om
- Test results will be available within 24 hours at : https://covid19.emushrif.om
- The certified Ministry of Health test report is now electronically available on https://covid19.emushrif.om for a fee of 5 OMR
I am Vaccinated with Co- Vaxin, can I enter Oman to travel to Canada Ahead ?
Oxford AstraZeneca, Sputnik, Pfizer and Sinovac are the only vaccines approved in Oman. Those who have received Covishield and Sputnik vaccines will get a travel permit from India.
People Vaccinated with Co-vaxin are not allowed to enter Oman as of now 🙁
Are there good flight connections from India to Muscat?
There are a few options like Fly Dubai and Air India which is taking you to Oman from international airports of India at a reasonable price as of now. However, we would suggest checking the layover policies and guidelines of these airlines before booking any flights.
Are there good flight connections between Muscat & Canada?
Though there are no direct flight connections between the 2 countries, however, one can take layover and travel to Canada. It is recommended to get an experts advice in this covid times before booking any itinerary with more than 2 layovers 🙂