- A Romanian charter flight departing from Dubai makes a technical stopover at Vatry Airport in France.
- Authorities intervened and grounded the aircraft due to suspicions of human trafficking.
- Around 300 Indian nationals onboard the plane find themselves stranded at the airport in Marne.
- Emergency services in Marne set up temporary sleeping arrangements, provided facilities, and offered meals and drinks to the stranded passengers.
- Officials from the Indian consulate regularly visit to attend to the needs of the passengers.
- The Marne prefect’s office announces the launch of a judicial investigation into the suspected human trafficking case.
- The reception hall at Vatry Airport is transformed into a waiting area with individual beds for the stranded passengers.
- The investigation remains ongoing as authorities work to determine the motives and circumstances of the trip and any potential involvement in human trafficking.
Around 300 Indian nationals found themselves stranded in France after their plane was grounded due to suspicions of human trafficking. The passengers were accommodated in the hall of an airport in Marne, where emergency services set up temporary sleeping arrangements, provided access to facilities like bathrooms and showers, and offered meals and hot drinks.
According to local authorities, officials from the Indian consulate have been regularly visiting and attending to the needs of the stranded passengers. The Marne prefect’s office released a statement confirming the launch of a judicial investigation into the circumstances and motives of the trip, with a focus on suspected human trafficking.
The flight, operated by a Romanian charter company, originated from Dubai and made a technical stopover at the small Vatry airport. It was during this stopover that police intervened, leading to the grounding of the aircraft and the subsequent investigation.
The reception hall at Vatry Airport was repurposed into a waiting area equipped with individual beds to ensure passengers were provided with optimal reception conditions. The judicial investigation remains ongoing as authorities work to determine the full scope of the situation.
This incident highlights the ongoing efforts by law enforcement agencies to combat human trafficking and ensure the safety and well-being of individuals involved in such activities.